The AC maintenance process typically focuses on the mechanical parts of the system. However, a truly healthy system requires healthy air ducting as well. Ductwork can often be forgotten because it is not visible and is virtually noiseless. But air ducts need attention, just as any other part of your system, or it can suffer from cracks, holes and broken seals. One of the best ways to keep your ducts healthy for the long run is by scheduling professional duct sealing on Merritt Island. When done correctly, as by a company like Next Generation Air & Heat, Inc., your ductwork can last for years to come.
Signs You May Need Duct Sealing
There are a few common signs that you may need duct sealing for your ductwork:
- High energy bills – faulty ductwork can account for up to 30% of total air loss. When your system leaks, there can be a significant reduction of cool air reaching your home for which your AC has to compensate. Whenever your air conditioner has to work harder, it needs to use more power, which can result in higher energy bills.
- Whistling sounds – whistling sounds in your air ducts can indicate that air is escaping through broken seals and holes.
- Multiple hot and cold spots – it’s normal to experience slight temperature differences throughout your home, but if you are experiencing definitive hot and cold spots, there may be an issue with certain ducts not delivering the right amount of cool air.
- Extra humidity – are you feeling extra moisture in the air? Faulty ducts can allow the outside humid air into a duct, and the moisture in this air gets delivered directly into your home.
- Development of mold and mildew – mold and mildew thrive in cold, dark, moist places, making your ductwork a great place to grow. One of the best ways to deter the growth of mold and mildew in air ducts is to seal it properly to reduce moisture levels.
Duct Sealing Is Not a Good Choice for a DIY Project
Ductwork is extensive, and large sections can be in hard-to-reach places such as crawl spaces and attics. It can also be challenging to find all the holes and cracks that need to be repaired. These are just some of the reasons it’s important to call a professional for your duct sealing in Merritt Island.
For more information about how Next Generation Air & Heat, Inc., can help you with any ductwork needs you may have, call us today!